diver.net

how do you judge me when you don't even know me?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JN on October 11, 2007 at 09:50:33:

In Reply to: Re: Diver Conflict! What do you think is the right thing to have done? posted by Lt. Diver Dan on October 09, 2007 at 18:12:46:

I've posted a handful of words on here, and you think you know me well enough to judge me and determine if I'm a pinhead or not?

That's interesting, but I am going to withhold forming an opinion about you until/unless I meet you in real life.

Here's a few facts:
There was no cost to get the boat to the ramp, because it is stationed on a slip.
The guy called me up and wanted me to come diving, and graciously insisted we use the dinghy to get to the dive site.
Yes, I helped to clean the boat and the equipment used. I'm always happy to help out when I can.

Also, you are saying that a person can't understand to know how much work it is to maintain a boat unless they've got one themselves. I happen to agree with you, and I think that this situation calls for the boat owner and his guest to communicate on what would be helpful or appreciative for the guest to do. Otherwise, the guest would have little idea of the best way to help out the boat owner, don't you think?

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to