diver.net

All sports have their fair share of misfits.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on February 25, 2008 at 22:23:36:

In Reply to: I don't always go for the spearo mentallity posted by Eric S on February 25, 2008 at 08:35:39:

I remember when I lived on Rush Creek & Silver Lake. After getting bored of catching & releasing trout across the street from my house. I turned my time and canoe into a floating trash collector. Some fisherman can be the biggest litter bugs, but the damage can be reversed. I got so good at collecting trash. I could stand on the edges of my canoe and pluck fishing tackle out of the trees along the banks of the creek. I never could understand. Why some fishermen use a 6/0 hook (tuna hook) for a rainbow trout. I wish I had a drysuit in those days. Would have had fun diving there, but the water was ice cold. Great tasting crawdads hmmmmmmmmmmmmm better than lobster.

Since I am on a whine-o-thon. I meet a guy that goes out on several long range fishing trips every year. Since he has a abundance of tuna. He feeds his excess yellowfin tuna to his hogs, but he had fun. Makes me sick. They put a limit on tuna this year, about time.

I think most sports are more critical of themselves than other sports. I love to fish, but I hate waste of life.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to