diver.net

Hot tip for wetsuit and glove repairs.

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on February 27, 2008 at 19:35:44:

The other day I was wanting to fix some holes in the fingers on a pair of kevlar gloves and found that my tube of aquaseal had hardened and was no longer usable. Instead of going to the dive shop to get more I spied the shop for anything usable as I was scheduled to depart the next morning for Southern California.
I found a tube of automotive windshield urethane and decided that there shouldn't be a reason why it wouldn't work. So I loosely stiched up the ends of the holy fingers to create a sort of net to hold the urethane, then I squeezed out a small amount for each finger end and paddled it out with a small stick. By morning the urethane was hard and seemed to work much better than aquaseal, and quite a bit tougher I might add.

Auto glass urethane can be obtained at any autobody supply store or if you drop by a auto glass shop they will more than likely have a tube they would sell you or maybe even have an almost empty tube they would probably give you.

I could see how this stuff would be great for worn out knees and any other areas that need reinforcing.

Some brands of windshield urethane are moisture tolerant which means that it would work to use it on damp neoprene because the urethane utelizes humidity or moisture to speed curing.
Cool huh!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.