diver.net

Re: Anybody do Seychelles?

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jesse on March 03, 2008 at 08:20:06:

In Reply to: Anybody do Seychelles? posted by Divebum Don on March 03, 2008 at 06:59:16:

I visited Seychelles during a Navy port-stop back in 2003. The people were really friendly and the exchange rate was about 1000 rupees to the dollar at the time. Although I haven't checked, I would imagine it's somewhere around that. Probably the most reliable transportation is the many taxis you see around every street, just make sure they run the meter. Also, when I was there, I noticed that they preferred dollars to rupees so be prepared to haggle. The language is primariy French but everybody speaks Creole and at least a little English. The dive operator I used was "Les Diable Des Mers," they're based out of Beau Vallon. I don't know if this will work from the states but the number I have is +248 24 71 04, fax +248 51 34 98. As for the diving, it was phenomenal. There were soft corals, snakes, snarks, tropical fish of every imagineable species and, of course, bathtub-warm water. These guys were super-friendly and helpful. I would recommend them to anybody. I would probably best compare this country to Jamaica. Have fun.

Jesse

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.