diver.net

Ab opener dive and picnic party, last call

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on April 03, 2008 at 20:07:54:

This is a last call to let peope know about The North Coast Divers' annual ab kick off dive and picnic.

This year we're having it at South Gerstle Cove in Sonoma County.
Date: 4/5/08
Time: 9:00 Am

Schedule:
Dive in morning for abalone.
There is a nice shallow wreck right there. It's called the Norlina and is a 367 ft. steam powered freighter.
The ab hunting is very good around the wreck from what I hear.

At about noon we'll fire up the big BBQ and have our cookout. It is an informal pot luck of sorts. People are encouraged to bring something to throw on the pit and maybe a side dish, chips, salad, etc. Bring your bevreage of choice.

Many people have opted to camp across the highway at Woodside Campground saturday night.
We will have quite a feast in the Northern tradition of abalone cooked up a multitude of different ways, other gourmet specialties will be created, the best wine will be uncorked, and great company an laughs will be had around a huge bonfire.
I will do a whole ab wraped in foil and marinated in thi sauce then baked either in the coals or in the BBQ,
plus a few other ab specialties I know. Maybe someone will luck out and spear some nice fish and we'll have a seafood extravaganza.

Some people will be scuba diving that don't ab dive, and some will be doing a night dive at Gerstle cove.

If you're not doing anything and this sounds fun then come up and join us.

I'll post pics and a report next week sometime.

To get to South Gerstle you enter Gerstle Cove State Park regular entrance and head down the hill. Right before you get down to the main parking lot take a left on the side road (the only road taking off to the left) and follow it all the way past the visitor center shack that overlooks Gerstle Cove and continue till the road ends and you see all the picnic tables and the restroom. We'll be set up at one of the sites. You won't miss us.

Cheers!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.