diver.net

Re: California Dive Boat Association

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy on December 29, 2008 at 23:16:11:

In Reply to: California Dive Boat Association posted by Tom on December 28, 2008 at 08:20:18:

Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to post what appears to be accurate information on the incident described.

I have been on most of the Dive Boats in the LA Area, and on the Magician several times. I like the changes that Jerry has made to the Magician - including friendliness of staff. The California Dive Boat Association sounds like a move in the right direction for all local dive operators.

Although Captains and Crew are responsible for my safety while on-board their vessels, I am also responsible for my own safety, which means I need to pay attention and help them do their jobs. The Ocean is a big place that can get nasty real quick.

I don't have any financial stake in any of the dive boats. As an IDC Staff Instructor, I make my decisions on which boats to dive from based upon the professionalism and friendliness of the crew, and the comfort of the boat. (along with the schedule that fits my needs). SCUBA Diving is supposed to be a fun sport.

It would be nice if users of this message board could just get along, and share accurate, pertinent and relevant information instead of using it as a negative marketing campaign against their competition.

I thought the elections were over...

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.