diver.net

Lobster Card

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by WalterM on February 19, 2009 at 22:42:51:

In Reply to: Deep Breakwall Diving posted by seahunt for LABUGMAN on February 17, 2009 at 20:43:57:

I'm a video guy, a bit of a fish hugger. But, who's been seen with lobster bag in tow. As for the topic. Great haul. Keep/Release your choice. My $1.25, let the big girls go. As for the big guys, sorry dude.

But, while we're on the subject. I was diving with a bunch of hunters, on their boat. They had a freezer full of lobster and were spearfishing. Me videotaping. At the end of the trip, they wanted me to put down a ZERO lobster on my card, as they did. "If you would have seen a nice sized lobster, would you have taken it?" they asked. Well, ya. "The DFG should know that scuba divers don't always catch lobster. To them a Zero is a significant statistic" They replied.

I've pondered this, would this skew the figures. Or make them more real. I didn't prefill-in my card, as required. I didn't plan on taking lobster. If the opportunity presented itself, I would have. And, filled the card in later. Your thoughts on this?

I see the lobster card as a precurser to things to come. I also feel it is because of the Hoppers. At the beginning of the season the breakwaters seem to be strung with Chistmas lights. The lights of the of hoopnets.

WalterM

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.