diver.net

Huh?

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on March 17, 2009 at 05:25:28:

In Reply to: Re: and would ANYONE want people like this to provide National Health Care? posted by James on March 17, 2009 at 01:44:20:

I'm not responding to the issue of national health care, nor am I responding to more than the posted accounts of what went on. I don't know what went on, I wasn't there. What I am responding to is your post because I think you are putting out false information.

Firstly, you posted as a sock puppet. No way to "discuss in private"

"Actually, the firefighter/paramedics of the Los angles County Fire Department assigned to Baywatch have most likely forgotten more about providing advanced emergency medical care than you will ever know. Pipe down." - - - Are you implying that they need a refresher class?

"Remember the USCG has the call on SAR, not EMS, in fact the USCG does not have any experience in ALS. The LaCoFD has been practicing ALS in the field for a very long time." - - - It is my understanding if responders are in ALS mode - (I am assuming Advanced Life Support is what you mean by ALS mode), prompt transport to a medical facility where appropriate treatment can be provided is a primary goal.

"How many of you posters are firefighter/paramedics with a decade or so of experience? Treating dive accidents, CVAs, AMIs...ect? Pipe down" - - - It is my understanding that dive accidents involving decompression need prompt recompression, if CVAs mean cerebral vascular accidents - they need prompt CT scans so that appropriate treatment can start as quickly as possible, and I don't think baywatch boats or paramedics carry those huge scanners around. if AMIs mean acute myocardial infarctions - they need prompt evaluation and treatment at a hospital too.

We don't know the facts of this incident. I am only responding to your post

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.