diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Sunshore Seaset

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on April 22, 2009 at 12:32:35:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Sunshore Seaset posted by seahunt on April 22, 2009 at 06:01:42:

That night Nic smelled like desert wild flowers. But sometimes it is not so nice...

There is a small lagoon on the sand spit, i never knew it was there until i saw a picture of it. That lagoon is well isolated from the beach and doesn't get flushed very often. If the wind happens to flow over the lagoon, the smell can be very strong--i mean strong enough to get up and move in the middle of the night, strong. Last tuesday night, the wind was gusting to 52kts and the swell peaked out at 20ft, so i assume that the lagoon got a real good flushing..

Lots of stars out there! I saw a shooting star so close i could see the clouds of smoke from it at night, very cool~ But even that far off the coast, you can't escape man's footprint. There is so much light coming off the LB port activity that it actually creats an artificial horizon of light that can be easily seen from a hundred miles out.

I have seen a number of your pictures of Sea Ranch, it looks like a really neat place along that rugged coast~

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to