diver.net

Re: Re: Chamber Day obmination

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on June 12, 2009 at 10:18:31:

In Reply to: Re: Chamber Day obmination posted by Michael Meagher on June 10, 2009 at 09:11:54:

I'm still not sure what an "obmination" is, but I take issue with the fact that the boats are making all the donations. There are 20+ divers on most every boat paying $135 a head. Yes, we get to dive and a chamber tour. But the fact is that none of these boats would have a full load of divers on a Wednesday in early May. Yes, the boat owners contribute, but they are also reaping a benefit because divers are more inclined to dive where they can receive treatment in case of an accident. To dismiss all the divers putting their money out there on Chamber Day and at Chamber Eve is just one more baseless insult.

Come up with a better way to help fund the Chamber and I am all over it. But I can tell you that organizing a fundrasing event for a non-profit that brings in 6 figure amounts is no easy task (yes, I have done it). Motivating people to give is a necessity. Getting a little something back for your donation helps grease the check writing.

Kudos to those that organize the event, the boats AND divers that support it.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to