diver.net

Re: Yet Another problem with your post....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seldom seen slim on June 24, 2009 at 01:04:26:

In Reply to: One problem with your post.... posted by Chris Knight on June 23, 2009 at 11:20:21:

You are assuming you are right. But I beg to differ.

I doubt Meg Caldwell dives for abalone as much as the locals in PA if at all. Thus, how is she one of the more qualified to understand and decide on taking away their local resources. Do you really think non divers and non fisherman are better at making the rules for where divers and fisherman work and play?

If I was a bureaucrat and really wanted to preserve abalone for my family and its future generations why would I make the ocean off limits? Instead, I would reduce limits and increase enforcement so there is equal and regulated access. Creating enforcement jobs for the little preserves we already have is better for the economy than creating more restrictions that there is no money to enforce.

But if I really did not care about preserving the little snails then I'd just say tartersauce, nobody gets them, and just close the beach and that is what this process is all about. And since I'd also want to put my next generation through Stanford, well, why not invest in an oil well company to drill of the Pacific Coast after I close the local port to fishing.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to