diver.net

Re: Re: What's it going to take?

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on August 09, 2009 at 00:23:07:

In Reply to: Re: What's it going to take? posted by Walt on August 08, 2009 at 21:33:57:

Walt get's it, so does Chris and a few others (they know who they are).
We're only on this planet so long, and our time to do any diving is even shorter. I feel like everything we have up here is wasted. Only a very small minority of divers actually take advantage of what we have. Matbe it's a pride thing, you know, how you want to be proud of where you're from and your area and think abaout it as a "destination". I get frustrated that nobody takes the north coast seriously. I hear a lot of hoopla about Point Lobos, big deal we have about 60 miles of better stuff.
I hear lot's of hoopla about OML and Redondo, c'mon man give me a break.
Driving up here is not a big deal. I drive down to Socal all the time to visit my buddies and for business trips. It's only a 6.6 to 7 hr drive from Santa Rosa to LA.
Going from LA to Mendocino would be about 9 to 9.5 hours door to door. Once you get north of Santa Rosa the landscape starts to change and the time goes very fast.
Basically none of you have an excuse not to come up here and check it out. I think most of you are stuck in the mud and don't know how to get out.

If Jon Davies and a few others never made it up here I probably wouldn't know most of you personally. I think it's very important to meet and see as many different people as possible and dive in every corner of your back yard. Yes the north coast could be considered your back yard, or at least the north 40.

One of these days I'm going to run out of wind and stop begging. Then it's going to be too late and you'll be on your own

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to