diver.net

The Ongoing Adventures of 2-Buck Chuck

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick on November 09, 2009 at 11:15:54:

In Reply to: Re: The wine, The mystery deepens. posted by Andy S on November 09, 2009 at 09:10:47:

So, here is the next episode in the ongoing story of 2-Buck Chuck , GWS, GBS on the Star of Scotland.

On Saturday 10/31 Drs. Andy and John along with Bill Brush and I forayed out into Santa Monica Bay to spend a day of fun and frolic in and under the briny.

First dive was on our beloved Star of Scotland, and I was first diver in the water. On descending, I found conditions just great water temp in the low 60s and visibility on the 30+ foot range. I was greeted mid-water by a couple of juvenile GBS and on touching the bottom saw about a 25-pound halibut that fled at my arrival – Halibut are not a friendly sort… Swimming toward the hull, I noticed a wine bottle lying on the bottom. Hummm… Even from some distance away, I could see that there were parts of a label visible. Curiosity peaked, I swam over and picked it up – It was sealed. It was 2-Buck Chuck. And by tilting it slightly in the beam of my light I could see it was engraved with the famous advice we had seen on a previous bottle of the finest of undersea wines – Dive into Oblivion! The marker of this bottle had obviously grown more confident and adept with his/her engraving tool as this was written in script, not the block printing found on the previous bottle.

So, the mystery continues, and I’ve concluded part of my Christmas shopping.

Isn’t the sea mysterious and wonderful?

Stay wet as the saga of 2-Buck Chuck continues…

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to