diver.net

Re: Out Of Air -- Simply Unacceptable (Repost) Thanks Ken!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on February 18, 2011 at 20:52:07:

In Reply to: Out Of Air -- Simply Unacceptable (Repost) Thanks Ken! posted by Divebum Don on February 18, 2011 at 09:06:14:

I've had a full diving career, probably well over 3000 dives. My gear is not the best maintained and most of my career, it was
second hand. After I took up diving in the 1970, my first reg was a two hose, single diaphram. I've never had a real regulator
failure except once at the surface when I hit the water right after an overhaul. Regulators are basically milspec.
I admit that when I used John's gear to try out a backplate, the second stage did fall off and could have killed me if it
had happened at depth, but a redundant second stage would not have helped.
I also know that the most experienced hunters I have known in the past 40 years of diving, usually used one reg.
Who are "our most respected divers on this BBS"? Your buds?
As for running out of air, I suspect that I push that closer than anyone and except for when I had just switched to 3500 psi
tanks, I have never come close to running out of air... at least not accidently.
It may be unacceptable for you. That's quite ok and I've never told anyone not to use a second reg, but don't think I'm gonna
believe your unnacceptable part. What are you basing that on besides your... opinion... errrr biases? Hey... do you know any
DIR folks?
By the way, you write rather inchoherently and mix your topics.
Enjoy the diving, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.