diver.net

Re: Re: The Kirby Morgan fits me best

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SLANG on March 29, 2011 at 19:59:54:

In Reply to: Re: The Kirby Morgan fits me best posted by Brent on March 29, 2011 at 08:04:48:

At the Aquarium, we have the option of using the OTS Guardian mask or the Kirby Morgan M-48 (the SuperMask), and we used the AGA for years before the OTS mask replaced it. Like Wayne, I prefer using the KMB-48 for a number of reasons -- first and foremost is the fit, not to mention, comfort and practicality. Quite honestly, if I didn't have to use them for doing presentations, I would have no use for FFMs; definitely not on recreational dives. Strictly for communications? Why do I need to hear someone talking on my fun dives? Personally, they really detract from the enjoyment of my dive. Also, if you're going to dive FFMs, you better practice your emergency drills -- I have worked with so many divers who have a real problem doing emergency ascents without a mask on (which, unless you're carrying a redundant mask is what happens when a person using a FFM needs to buddy breathe).

I guess my pointe is, before you do it, think about WHY you're doing it, and whether it's actually worth it.

Good luck,

SLANG

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to