diver.net

Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on June 25, 2011 at 20:15:59:

Between illness and lousy conditions I had only made one dive in the past seventy-eight days. I had to get out today or else I would have to take up knitting, or go on a killing spree. My chest cold cleared up a few days ago, but it appears the ocean hasn't.
Merry and I headed several miles offshore so I could have a turn at being a teabag looking for jellies. We found a spot with a strong current and fairly clear water so I inflated my liftbag and jumped in. The upper seventeen feet was light blue with very little to see so I dropped to where I found about twenty species of gelatinous critters. The visibility was very poor, about five feet, and most of the animals I saw were less than a quarter of an inch long. Naturally, I was set up for wide angle. I did the best with what I had to work with.
We motored up to the Star of Scotland for our next dive, but aborted after only a few minutes due to the two feet of vis at the stern. We're diving the T-pier in Morro Bay next month. I think the vis will be better for that muck dive than what we've had here.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to