diver.net

It was the best of vis, it was the worst of vis...

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on October 23, 2011 at 18:07:25:

I wanted to try something different today, so we headed out to one of the artificial reefs. The surface looked as if someone had spilled a billion gallons of Nestle's Quick in the water. I had misgivings, but figured if the chocolately goodness reached all the way to the bottom I would abort the dive. Fortunately the mud was only five feet thick. Below that, I had the best visibility I have seen this year. I could clearly make out the color of the corynactis covered concrete and boulders from more than fourty feet away.
I had my macro lens on the camera, so my shots were limited to anything within a couple of feet. I shot some metridium anemones, a California scorpionfish and a tiny Ronquil, then surfaced to change to a wide angle setup. After the longest one hour surface interval ever I raced back down the line.
Low tide had arrived during my time above, and the visibility dropped to fifteen feet. I shook my head, then made the best of a bad situation.
We are hoping the fog will allow us to go back tomorrow at high tide to explore the reef a little more.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to