diver.net

Sport Chalet - Business Advice

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on September 17, 2012 at 12:27:20:

I'm doing some fall housekeeping and getting my dive gear in order. I realized that I'm running low on mask defog and my gloves are a little shabby. Instead of ordering online I decided to go to the local Sport Chalet in Rancho Cucamonga. There are not many dive stores in the area so in the past it has been nice to have the Sport Chalet Dive Section to depend on for basic supplies.
Today the Rancho store did not have any mask defog! Zip. None. That is a pretty basic item. They said that they had been out of it for two weeks. "Corporate" does their supply stocking and they haven't been able to get any from them. Turning my attention to the gloves, there were plenty in medium and large sizes but the selection for small and extra small was almost non existent.
Come on Sport Chalet...... If you are going to have a scuba department, at least keep it well supplied with basic items. I have been a diver for over 20 years and I have never been in a scuba store where they don't have mask defogger! I love your Body Glove 3mm gloves and you could have sold me at least 2 pairs today if you would have had them in stock as well. When I come to know that I can't even get simple things in your scuba department I'm very unlikely to shop there in the future. One time, many years ago, I walked in your store for mask defogger and left with that and a new bike. A good stock of basic supplies is what keeps divers coming into the store. The next time I need anything, I doubt that I will even consider making the trip to Sport Chalet because I will assume that the non caring for the scuba department means that you probably won't have it! For goodness sakes, either keep the place stocked or don't wonder why it isn't profitable to have a scuba department in your stores!! If the person in "central" needs some advice on basic items that scuba divers need - I will be happy to help them.......

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to