diver.net

Re: Glad you got home safe!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on September 20, 2012 at 20:45:42:

In Reply to: Glad you got home safe! posted by Elaine on September 20, 2012 at 16:14:53:

You wouldn't believe what i have been thru this last year with all the pangas coming into our waters. The CG was getting a lot of calls from people mistaking my boat for a panga. I've had numerous contact by fixed wing aircraft, helos, boats and shotguns on the water. The story is long and interesting, but lets just say that it has a happy ending for me. They ALL know who i am now and i file a float plan with the Matitime Coordination Center (MCC) (562) 283-7951 before each trip. It works out very well for all parties involved:) [call that number for any problem on the water from an entangled mamal to a breakdown]

A few months ago they had a big meeting with all of the law enforcement agencies, ICE, Port Authority, Navy, CG, LB Police, DEA, DHS, SCORE, etc. During the presentation they showed a picture of my skiff. One of the officers there told the assembly that he knew me when he used to work at Sports Chalet (i would tell them stories of where i went and what i saw..) So he was able to positively identify me and vouch for my activities on the water. It pays to know people in high places~!

so i now file a float plan and they don't have to go out there and check me out.

it's just a sign of the times....

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.