diver.net

Gabrial and Catalina

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CaptainTim on February 07, 2013 at 15:07:54:

A few things to talk about. First off I love the fact that I am still pissing people off and am still here. Someone has again started the rumor that I am selling the Great Escape and not taking charters. I love this. 2013 may be my best year since 2008. I have a full schedule, and it keeps filling as more and more shops book me.
Second, I will not at chamber day this year, but will contribute to the under water clean up at Avalon. You can go to the clean up, then enjoy the rest of the day on the Great Escape and the next day as Dixie Divers of Utah and I have turned this into a 2 day dive trip. The reason for a 2 day is the drive they have to undertake and they do not want to drive back that day. The Great Escape has will have better prices than anywhere on Catalina and will continue to the dive the rest of the island. We are thinking about “Little Farnsworth” as our next dive then head west. Don’t forget this is still bug season so you get bugs if you so inclined. Please go to Diveboat.com for more details on the 2 day trip and all the rest we have planned.
Third. This is the most bizarre story I have ever told. A master instructor jumped off the boat the other day and dropped down a few feet, he then started coming back the surface. The next diver thought he was gone and jumped in. The second diver saw the first diver coming back up and trying to move. He hit the first diver in the lower back with his tank. The only reason I even know about this is I saw the instructor on the deck and went out to see what was wrong. He was very upset and hurting. He told me what happened. Once again divine intervention has helped the divers. If the other diver had not seen what was going on, or just did not do anything or whatever, he could have landed on the other divers head. I have no doubt if that had happened the first diver would be dead. A diver with all his gear on from a 5’ drop on and hit another diver’s head.

Thank you,
Captain Timothy C. Burke
Owner/Operator - Great Escape Charters Inc.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to