diver.net

24' Skipjack Flybridge for Sale (Orion III)

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on March 06, 2013 at 08:46:45:

Hi Guys,

I've decided to take a break from being a boat owner for a few years. I want to get back in the game in 3-4 years with a bigger boat that is a better fit for my family.

I'm trying to sell the Orion III. It's a 24' Skipjack Flybridge and is a great boat for local diving. It has a dual axle Aros trailer that is in pretty good shape with upgraded disk breaks. The boat got a new 120 gal Aluminum fuel tank in 2008. It gets about 2 nm/gal when running light and about 1.5 nm/gal with 3 divers & tanks. It has a Volvo Penta DuoProp sterndrive with stainless steel prop.

Needs work:

I went to replace the exhaust manifolds last week and discovered that the Ford 351W engine needs new heads due to corrosion on the exhaust ports and exhaust manifold gasket surface. A spark plug also sheared off even with the block. It was running great when I pulled it, so I'm confident the bottom end is in good shape. You would need to do an upper rebuild or swap out some reman heads. The exhaust manifold kit with everything needed to do the replacement is about $750.

I'm offering it for $3000. Let me know if you're interested.

I'll make a page with more pictures soon but here are a few to get started.

Thanks,
Ross.Overstreet@gmail.com
310.293.7225 (m)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the