diver.net

Bonaire mid-week mini-report

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on May 22, 2013 at 18:41:24:

Despite somewhat unusual weather (a bit windier than normal and cloudy-to-overcast with one overnight of rain), we're having a wonderful time in Bonaire. Viz isn't quite as good as it normally is, probably running around 50-60 feet instead of the usual 80-100 but that doesn't mean we can't find great things to photograph. We've already seen the requisite Seahorse and Frogfish, and have also seen plenty of Tarpon, Barracuda, and turtles. Today (Wed) we found an enormous Midnight Parrotfish (which I happen to think are gorgeous) as well as two co-operative Squid. Tomorrow is our last day of boat diving (we all-beach/shore on Friday) and we plan on going to Forest, where there are two French Angelfish who got nuts when offered watermelon. The hope is to photo each person feeding some melon to the fish. On Friday morning, we'll do the Hilma Hooker, which will also be Wil Lemley's 1500th dive. Wil was one of my L.A. County ADP (Advanced Diving Program) students back in 1982 and it will be great to share this milestone with him, almost 31 years later.

I've been posting "Top 10" pictures each day in separate galleries on SmugMug (www.kenkurtis.smugmug.com). Take a peek!!!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to