diver.net

Re: Ahem....

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Labugman on March 01, 2014 at 09:56:07:

In Reply to: Ahem.... posted by seahunt on March 01, 2014 at 06:29:07:

My Dear friend Seahunt....I want a clean environment too. I am against smog and other forms of polution just like most rational people. I can even sign up for the statement: "Maybe they are wrong, but maybe we better be careful"..... but My problem is with the ideologist on the ohter side of the spectrum..... Ideology exist on both sides of the pectrum. That the earth is warming or cooling at any given time is not surprising. The important questions are....Is it man made, and if so, to what extent? And are we realy headed for a catastrophy because of man's influence? There are respected scientist on both sides of these issues. I belive that there are ideologues who have grossly exagerated the danger because they want to scare people into supporting their ideology. I'm convinced we have a polution problem that needs to be managed...but I'm not convinced that we have a man made climate change problem big enough to warant drastic changes to our comfortable way of life. If someone comes up with a way to have clean energy that is economicaly self supporitng and does not need government money to prop it up...Great! Then I'm all for cleaner energy. But in the meantime I see no convincing reason to give up my car, or heaven forbid, my boat! :) Labugman

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to