diver.net

Max Bottompaint

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on March 29, 2014 at 21:58:28:

Our boat, No Pressure has been in limbo for two months. We needed new bottom paint and some Tender Loving Maintenance
but had to wait for the mechanics and the boat yard to synchronize their schedules. During the interim Merry and I worked on the
house and I even resorted to beach diving. I plead temporary insanity.
of
We weren't sure how long the boat would be out of service, so we got a couple spots on the Magician for Santa Barbara Island
while Kevin Lee booked passage aboard the Giant Stride. Both trips were canceled, but our boat was back in the water just in
time to make a run to Golf Ball Reef this morning. Kevin was dreading the climbing of the Giant Stride ladder. His knees haven't
completely healed, so he was thrilled to have the use of our handicap rails once again.

The ocean was a little bouncy but we had surprisingly good conditions on the reef. It was the best visibility we've experienced at
Golf Ball Reef. Life was sparse compared to our earlier dives here. There were no tiny nudibranchs in the kelp nor shrimp on the
barrel, but life on the reef was plentiful.

Now that Spring has arrived the water around Palos Verdes has dropped to its usual 52° but it felt refreshing to finally be back in it.

Report and photos at http://www.mydivinglife.com/MaxBottomtime/3658/Max+Bottompaint.html

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to