diver.net

Dive Report - Oil Rigs 11/23/14

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by WalterMarti on December 07, 2014 at 23:45:19:

Here is my last Quick Daily Dive Report Blog Video. I won't be doing these anymore. They kinda got away from me. At first, I was able to publish them the night of the dive. Then I started to add topside shots, GoPro shots, other peoples shots..... I created a time consuming monster. Hopefully, you enjoyed my efforts. Henceforth, I'll publish cool sightings, as and if, I find them. Like the previous Giant Black Seabass encounter.

This video (which I was just going to just show highlights, but I had all the other shots) is of a dive to the oil rig Eureka. Which used to be one of my most favorite dives. But, the owners cleaned, scraped, denuded, shaved, etc. her down past the first horizontal. I was in shock. And I'm kicking myself for not taking more shots of the bare structure. For a before/after comparison. BillM and I sat on a pipe that said, "Property of..." and a date. It was that clean. Not sure that I'll ever see her, as she was in her full glory. I mean it probably won't happen before she is decommissioned.

Our other dives were one the Ellen. Which now is the rig with the most invertebrate life on it. Both rigs had schools of mackerel on them. We had great vis on all dives.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to