diver.net

Re:Tim's Service, RIP, pardon the cross post, Thanks Dr. Bill

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Divebum Don on January 09, 2015 at 14:40:10:

In Reply to: MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR TIM MITCHELL - THIS THURSDAY - FREE TRANSPORT OVER & BACK posted by Ken Kurtis on January 05, 2015 at 19:55:49:

Tim's memorial and celebration of life was absolutely incredible. Some estimated as many as 700 people at the dive park for the tribute. So many firefighters, sheriffs, harbor patrol and divers in attendance. Our friend Chris Blehm gave a very moving eulogy that had tears flowing from my eyes... if tears were freshwater, I could have solved our drought-related water problem. The flotilla of boats to the Little Farnsworth dive site where Tim's ashes were scattered was unbelievable. In addition to the 40-50 vessels present, helicopters from the Coast Guard, LA County Sheriff and LA County Fire flew overhead in tribute. The reception was well attended as well and featured several different bands. After it ended, dive buddy Andrea and I sat up at the house drinking wine and talking about Tim and their time both in New Zealand (where she certified Tim OW, AOW, Rescue and DM) and here on Catalina until well after midnight.

I have posted a few pictures of the day's events on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bill.bushin...=1&pnref=story

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to