diver.net

New reef, new lens, same old results

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on February 21, 2015 at 17:23:50:

I really looked forward to this weekend. For the first time in recent memory the ocean was flat and visibility wasn't horrible. My birthday is today, and I was planning to make dive number 2000 tomorrow. We hit a new site on the south side of Palos Verdes and I hoped for good results from a new lens.

Although the reef looked interesting with decent vis and a lot of rock formations, life was scarce. I found four nudibranchs during ninety minutes underwater. We won't be returning here.
Near the end of the dive my drysuit sprung a leak.

After patching the hole with duct tape we headed to Golf Ball Reef. The tape didn't hold, so I was pretty wet during the dive. Fortunately Kevin had a zipper issue and flooded his suit as well. Misery loves company. I didn't find many subjects that I could shoot with the new lens, but while attempting to get a skeleton shrimp in the frame a Giant Sea Bass swam right up to me. I quickly changed settings and fired off one shot before it swam away.

Rather than make dive 2000 tomorrow I'll be patching my drysuit and sleeping in. I should have done that today.

photo GSB_zps645ebabc.jpg

photo GBR4_zps8ad72781.jpg

photo GBR3_zpsae0b76f2.jpg

photo GBR2_zps7c1eab00.jpg

photo GBR1_zpsfb389adc.jpg

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black