diver.net

Re: Re: it would have gotten free minus a lot of the trauma..

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on February 22, 2016 at 14:08:42:

In Reply to: Re: it would have gotten free minus a lot of the trauma.. posted by seahunt on February 21, 2016 at 18:32:54:

The guy dragged the shark up on the beach--that would NOT have happened if i were there. I would have cut the line and try to remove the hook while the shark was in the water..

When i rescued that green turtle, i was given some flack by a couple workers at the Aquarium of the Pacific where it ended up. They were rude until the vet showed up, then the tone changed quickly.. I first saw the turtle struggling to breath with something lodged in his mouth. He was in a panic and as he swam past the intake grill he was hopelessly pinned by the current about 4 or 5 feet deep. By the time i was able to get him off the grate, he was completely unresponsive--eyes rolled back. I pulled out an octopus that was literally packed in his throat.

I immediately set him down in repose and propped up his head to keep his air passage open.--there was a gathering crowd and i told a kid to get me a container. For the next few minutes, i gently poured a film of water over his head. Finally he opened his eyes, lifted his and gasped for air! Everyone cheered! Animal control took him to the Aquarium where i visited him days later...After a brief conversation with the vet, he took me behind the scene and to the holding tank--He looked great! With a fine green moss covering the shell. I offered to take it 75 miles off the coast and release it, but they said that they had to return it to the place it was found Alamitos Bay. I thought that was a bad idea (boat traffic/pollution, etc). As far as i know the rehab and release were successful..

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to