diver.net

Where is the Love?

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by WalterM on June 18, 2016 at 19:29:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Why????? posted by Jeff on June 17, 2016 at 22:21:51:

As a small business owner, not in the dive industry. I have the utmost respect for the dive shop owners, and dive boat owners. That's a tough business. I can only imagine what their overhead, and insurance must be. Is the gear over priced? Yes! Have you check the price of a good golf club? Are boat prices overpriced? How can I get an entire day's adventure experience (food and airfills included) for less than your stated $160? A day at Disneyland could cost that. A not-crappy seat at a concert could cost you that, not including the dinner before.

Hopefully, with the demise of Sports Chalet, the local dive shop gets a bit more business. In my 40+ years of diving, I feel that the biggest thing to keep people diving, are dive clubs. If it wouldn't be for Club's, I would not be diving today.

In my business, if things go bad, I have to spend extra time to make it right. If things go bad for the shop/boat, they have to hire lawyers.

I remember something Ken once said. "Diving is a fairly expensive adventure sport, that seems to attract some of the cheapest SOB's"

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to