diver.net

Sweet Nudi Lovin'

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on August 14, 2019 at 08:58:21:

After diving for over twenty-five years I found my first Noumeaella rubrofasciata, Red-headed aeolid on Little Reef near Point Vicente. A couple of years later, I found a few together at Kevin's Reef, a mile away. Yesterday I had another first, a mating pair on Halfway Reef! I spent twenty minutes firing one bad shot after another. They looked nice in my monitor but I had to sharpen them a lot when I got home. I didn't have my macro lens on. Naturally, we had eight feet vis and the nudis I found were tiny. I also found a tiny mating pair of Jorunna pardus, Leopard Dorid.

The ocean was flat, it was cool and overcast as we left the marina before sunrise. We tried to fool Mother Nature by going out on Dawn Patrol but she had the last word. Despite the perfect topside conditions, the water was dirty. We had ten feet of visibility during our first dive at Camelback. We just can't win.

A little kiss before the lovin' commences

A large placenta sac rolling along the sand. I thought it was a plastic back and picked it up to stuff it in my pocket. Yuck!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to