diver.net

Re: Welcome Back

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on August 25, 2019 at 13:51:24:

In Reply to: Welcome Back posted by Elaine on January 17, 2012 at 05:53:56:

COZUMEL – OUR HAPPY PLACE - AUGUST 2019

We arrived on time at LAX Friday night for what was supposed to be a 0:45 AM flight to DFW. We were told the flight was delayed until 1:30 AM with no explanation. Of course 1:30 became 2:00 and then they announced they had to find another first flight officer because the one on the plane had "timed out." As 2:00 AM came and went, the departure time was then changed to 10:14 AM, at which point we were told that people who would miss connecting flights should go to the service desk. Needless to say, Deborah and I were nowhere near the front of the line. Sloooooowly we advanced. The best they could do was put us on a flight leaving Sunday at 6:00 AM. We took a cab back to the house.
I wasn’t sanguine about making it to Cozumel the next day as we had a short connection in DFW and needed to change terminals.
Air travel sucks!

Sunday, we were able to fly and made the tight connection in DFW for the flight to Cozumel. Miracle of miracles, our luggage was there as well. Playing “red light, green light” in customs, we lost and had to submit our bags to a hand search before being allowed to leave the airport for the shuttle ride to our hotel
At Scuba Club Cozumel, we were met with, “Welcome home!” I can’t tell you how wonderful those words mean to me.
Scuba Club Cozumel is a semi-all-inclusive dive resort. We started coming here in the early nineties and have returned once or twice a year to enjoy their hospitality and the warm, clear waters of the Caribbean. We love this place. Check out their website: http://scubaclubcozumel.com
It was late afternoon and the dive shop closes at 6:00 PM, so we quickly unpacked, grabbed tanks, and threw our gear together for a quick (one hour plus) check out dive off shore in front of the hotel. We poked around looking for little stuff. I played with my new Olympus TG 6 camera. I think I like this new toy.
Myrig

Star horseshoe worm (Pomatostegus stellatus)

Spotted moray (Gymnothorax moringa)

Lantern bass (Serranus baldwini)

File clam (Lima scabra). Just above the clam is a tiny rusty goby (Priolepis hipoliti) hanging upside down. No, I didn’t see the goby until after I downloaded the images.

Bumblebee shrimp (Gnathophyllum americanum)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to