diver.net

Sea Trial to the Barge

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on November 09, 2019 at 14:30:10:

I replaced a shift cable last weekend after installing a new battery distribution cluster a few weeks earlier. The boat ran great, although we have one more repair before it's back to normal. We might wait until our next dive trip so the mechanic can work on it while we're not missing any local diving. Actually, now would be a great time as the water is still green and visibility is variable. Jim Lyle had horrible vis today while I had fair vis on the barge, albeit in a strong current.

This was my first dive on the barge in quite some time. Life has almost disappeared. There were no octopus. I found only one nudibranch, a Spanish Shawl. I found a single swimming file clam that wouldn't hold still for a decent photo. I tried getting in a good position and set my strobes, then the clam would roll around out of frame. I was finaly able to get a few shots, but nothing to write home about.

I'm going to Phoenix next week, so hopefully the conditions will improve by the time I get back in the water. I seem to say that after every dive lately. :(

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to