diver.net

2021 diving in review

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on January 01, 2022 at 17:41:13:

I made only 75 dives last year, my lowest total in twenty years. Between the boat being in the shop and making repairs in the slip, plus poor local conditions I made a lot of bike rides instead. Of the 75 dives, thirteen of them were in our slip. I made a local beach dive, plus a few day trips to Catalina Island aboard our favorite six-pack, the Giant Stride. In October, we spent two weeks at God's Pocket Resort in British Columbia, our first travel dive trip since the pandemic began.

We continued monitoring Giant Sea Bass at Hermosa for the UCSB Spotting Sea Bass study.

We enjoyed a few unusual finds while dock diving in our slip. I found a new nudibranch, Anteaeolidiella chromosomal and we found thousands of bubble snails mating and laying eggs.

In August and September, we made a few trips to Farnsworth Bank off Catalina Island. We had incredible conditions.

I began using a new technique with an obsidian stage for macro photography. I used it a couple of times locally before getting some photos from God's Pocket that I was happy with.

On Monday, we're driving to Seattle to dive for a few weeks. Hopefully, it will be a start to a better year of diving.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to