Chamber Day - Thank You All!

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Karl Huggins - USC Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber on May 11, 2005 at 14:41:42:

To the entire Southern California Diving Community – Thank You!
I can not believe that is has already been a week since Chamber Day 2005. The support of the diving community this year was astounding! The initial estimate of $90,149 raised far exceeded our predictions. We are in the process of doing the final bookkeeping and should have the final figure by the end of the month.

I want to thank all the divers, shops, clubs, publications, and manufacturers who helped to make this Chamber Day a great success. Special thanks go to the owners and operators of the thirteen Southern California Dive Boats (Aquatica, Bottom Scratcher, Cee Ray, Encore, Great Escape, Island Time, Magician, Mr. C, Psalty V, Pacific Star, Sea Bass, Second Stage, and Sundiver). Without their help Chamber Day on the island would be impossible.

Special thanks also to our top level Chamber Challenge Donors. Michael Kane for his Platinum Level Chamber Challenge Donation of $5,000, and our Gold Level ($1,000 - $4,999) Chamber Challenge Donors, South Orange County Dive Club; Mike, Pat, & T.J. Emmerman; Kendal Raine; Sport Chalet; and Robert Wagner.

I particularly wanted to thank everyone on the Chamber Day Committee and would like to single out a few who deserve special praise.

Ken Niles, who did the wonderful Chamber Day, Chamber Evening, and Flying Dutchman artwork. He ran with an idea that he came up with last year and ended up with our best Chamber Day art to-date. From this artwork came the biggest surprise of all, the popularity of the full tile set, with over 25 sets ordered. He did a great job.

Billy Wright, Co-Chair of the Chamber Day Committee, who did a great job in procuring over $30,000 in raffle prizes during uncertain and economic challenging times in the diving community.

And finally and most importantly, our heartfelt thanks to Ken Kurtis, Chairman of the Chamber Day Committee. Without his enthusiasm and drive Chamber Day would not be as successful as it has been. This year his conviction that we should have full tile murals made was met with some initial skepticism, including my own. However, the success of the murals far exceeded most of the committee’s estimates and provided a unique collectable from the event. Thank you Ken.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]