Re: Nitrox and the Yukon........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 27, 2000 at 14:54:41:

In Reply to: Re: Nitrox and the Yukon........ posted by seahunt on October 27, 2000 at 14:41:15:

1.6 is the NOAA recomended limit so I used it for purposes of my post. Ideally a 34% is perfect and certainly a 36% could be used as there are only a few areas that you can get to 100'.

So since some boats/shops bank 32 and 36, generally a 34% is more difficult, if not impossible, to get. Than to the extent that you are just staying outside, or even penetrating there isn't that much at 100'..

As for 1.6, I understand that tha's what PADI, NAUI, IANTD and TDI are still teaching so I'm not sure where you you are coming from in terms of most certified divers.. In fact, I would take the opposite view with respect to your comments about tech diver's. We generally use 1.4 ( and some are now going down to 1.2 ) atleast with respect to the working portion of the dive.. We will however use 1.6 while resting at deco..

I used 1.6 to stay consistent with PADI, NAUI, TDI and IANTD and to avoid any criticisms about promoting a DIR agenda.. Damned if you do damned if you don't ;-)

Hope that clear it up...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]