I can't go with that

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on November 15, 2000 at 22:32:31:

In Reply to: Re: What about the Matterhorn? posted by JR Gordon on November 15, 2000 at 19:31:27:

Those points are a way to make it safer and are very well stated, but besides impairment and how fast things happen at depth, etc., there is always the unexpected and the accident. Both are much harder to deal with at depth and the consequences are far nastier.
Case in point. Reading about the Matterhorn years back, you couldn't believe the accidents and deaths that occured there. Think about how nasty have been the results of diving accidents at Farnsworths. Of course, deep rec leaves a lot of room for that too, but most CA rec diving is less than 60 feet which is much more forgiving.
I'm an adventurer and that means I know that some people don't come back from adventures. I'll toast them and even if they did something stupid, I won't dis them, because they were adventurers and knew somewhere in their mind what the price could be. I am not complaining about MHK organizing deep dives. I think that that is a great adventure and I'll spring for beer to hear it. I only object when he claims he is safe and others aren't... then he dives deep. If you don't think deep is dangerous, then you won't agree. Man! I've spent way too much time in the ocean to ever think it's not dangerous, but then so is life.
Life is a daring adventure or nothing... Helen Keller.
I hope that you, MHK and everyone else on the board leads a life that is an adventure.
Enjoy the diving, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]