Re: Hmmm. What about...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on February 26, 2001 at 17:32:18:

In Reply to: Hmmm. What about... posted by Wayne on February 26, 2001 at 17:23:43:

It's a problem I no longer worry about because of the Technical Dive Supervisor rating.. But this is an area that most DM's frankly don't pay enough attention to...

Generally speaking, most DM just assume that Nitrox is Nitrox and pay limited attention to what's in the *pony*. I'll often bring a AL 40 with 02 on a dive and have never had a DM question it..

It really only reared it's ugly head a few years ago when I was running a trip to the Matterhorn and I investigated the issue. In fact, IANTD blatantly gave me wrong information, and it wasn't until I demanded written confirmation did David Mount refer me to Peter Myruem ( Jardine Ins. Co) and Peter sent me a copy of the policy and he and I worked through the issue. At that point IANTD was issuing C-cards without the benefit a correlating insurance. The Friday morning before the trip I got Jardine to bind a policy that they needed to create for the very purpose that you highlighted. We found out pre-activel and as opposed to finding out the hard way.

Hopefully exchanges such as these will let other's find out sooner rather than later..

And as to a shop owner's assumption of risk, I keep saying I have no problem with it, but it's one thing to shield your shop's risk and it's another thing to get on an open forum and cite legal risks that they lawyers are telling you are non-exsistent..

Wayne you know damn well that if we did that they would be lining up to flame our asses.....

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]