Re: Hi guys!...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on March 07, 2001 at 14:21:34:

In Reply to: Re: Hi guys!... posted by AADIVER on March 07, 2001 at 14:11:31:

Frank,

My sense is that it's more of a matter of anticipating a potential problem and solving it before it occurs.

For certain no intelligent diver would dive double steel tanks with a wetsuit, I think we all agree on that. With respect to a single tank, it appears that some question the logic. Should your lp inflator burst, or should your bc/wing fail renering your sole inflation source inoperable, the thinking is that by using a AL tank, such tank becomes positively bouyant as it deplete's and as such you would be in a better position to surface in an emergency.

Conversly a ST will remain negative and without an inflation source it's possible you'll lack the wherewithal to surface, or you may be required to kick so hard you could accumulate a C02 buildup..

It has alot to do with solving a problem before it occurs. A wetsuit has little, if any, inflation once it compresses at depth whereas if you have a drysuit and your bladder fails you could still use the drysuit as an alternative inflation device..

Hope that clears up the issue, whether we all agree is a whole other matter but I wanted to atleast put the issue into perspective..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]