Re: Questioning DIR's reason to donate the primary second ...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on April 07, 2001 at 22:56:28:

In Reply to: Questioning DIR's reason to donate the primary second ... posted by Eins on April 07, 2001 at 21:28:27:

Eins,

It's not nonsense the system does work but is it the best of all possible hose configurations. Consider this one. In a good buddy team you know your buddies air supply and yours. OOA's will not happen but you know that you will be spitting out your primary for deco gas so a necklace keeps your primary right on your chin in case you want to go back to it. Why not put that primary(necklaced) on a 36" hose routed under the right arm with 360 swivel attached. It is possible to donate and/or buddy breath with it in an extreme emergency. The bungy necklace would break away. The 7-8' hose wraps under right arm across chest around neck and back under right arm attached to d-ring. It can also be donated quickly and more than likely with a good buddy team donated with plenty of warning because getting low on air was observed not out of air. This setup makes more sense to me than the little short backup, but this is new to me.

While were on the subject of hoses. Did you see the George Irvine video? He has this funcky way of pressing two buttons on the power inflator to get air. And this is his last resort for air? I'm sorry this is not good enough. Why doesn't he like a regulator like the Scubapro airII? Prone to failure or something? Fix it or design and build a flawless last resort regulator for the power inflator. Maybe George could handle the two button tango when it hits the fan I don't want to rely on that. End of rant.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]