Re: is it possible yor really that stupid-continued

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Walker on May 04, 2001 at 23:59:34:

In Reply to: Re: is it possible yor really that stupid-continued posted by Steve on May 04, 2001 at 22:11:35:

Steve, as far as I new the PDE was set up to have a little more than simply having any diver just send in their decompression schedule, but they must have changed something if that is what you are doing.

I am fully aware of the capabilities of the dive computers out their but you stated you weekend warriors can't afford to get bent and the insurance of having a computer to advice you of your O2 and N2 levels is the answer. You also told the list about all the fancy gizmo's and alarms.

Yes , I have been bent. Most people that dive as much as I do and do the types of dives I do will get bent sooner or later. The facts that got me bent were mostly IGNORANCE. I had no clue as to what I was doing. I just followed what others told me with out doing my own research. I am not claiming to know everything there is to know from getting hit again but I am sure that I have a much better clue now.

The only incident I was treated twice for was divong the Sacramento wreck. The issue that I beleive cause the hit was workload. My anchor was fouled in a bunch of fishing net and I was working my ass off to get it out while one buddy floated there blinding me with his light and the other video taped me working my ass off.

Other incident were I did not seek treament where in the Cayman Islands, suffering from complete lithargia following repeditive deep dives. Others were my early experiences with deep diving.

This is a recreational list and some of my experiences were well beyond the commonly excepted realm, so I don't care to share much more in details on this list. If you care to contact me privatly I am more than willing to share more. The information that I supplied to you would cover it all anyhow.

John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]