maybe small wire cutters could have cut the hook

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on June 14, 2001 at 09:32:00:

In Reply to: malaga cove...i failed!!!... posted by kelphead on June 13, 2001 at 21:15:32:

i have a small took kit with every size of allen wrench in it for scuba that I keep in my gear bag. after reading your wonderful story, i might go buy a small set of wire cutters in case i find a wild animal/bird with a hook in it too. leather gardening gloves might be good to have on hand too. nice story.

the best way to get across a rocky entry is to take a dive float with you, then lie across the top of it, and scoot over the rocks that way. its much more safe than trying to walk on rocks with scuba gear on.

most abalone freediving entries are rocky, so thats where i learned how to use my float to get across rocky entries.

the best anchor for a dive float is several clip-on bullet weights connected to a stainless steel caribiner then hooked to a loop tied into the end of your anchor line. you only need 20' of rope. you can drop the anchor there, then swim out from and back to the float.

be careful on those rocks.

God loves all his animals so he will probably pay you back in kindness for helping the seagull.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]