Re: Thanks Bill....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 26, 2001 at 14:17:35:

In Reply to: Re: Thanks Bill.... posted by John Walker on June 26, 2001 at 14:01:36:

JW,

I agree, but my comments that were in question were directed at recreational divers that had some, 30 or 40 dives under their belt so Bill P pointed out that the recomendation wasn't necessarily on target since the target audience wasn't working diver's..

Fair enough point raised by Bill P but in reality it was much ado about nothing because the reality of the situation was that my comments when taken as a whole spoke to using Helium during dives in excess of 100'.. My comments were, as I know you agree with, that narcosis, physiological issues in addition to Helium being a more friendly gas and then I made the final point that there were long term RBCR issues to contend with..

Accordingly, my advise stays the same, and I still believe that no one should dive deeper than 100' absent helium but based in large part on Bill P's research I've since modified my commenst when discussing RBCR, but the salient recomendation is the same, Nitrox to 100' and the Helium based mixes thereafter notwithstanding the RBCR debate...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]