Re: Computers allow more BT than tables, period.

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on July 25, 2001 at 14:15:20:

In Reply to: Re: Computers allow more BT than tables, period. posted by MHK on July 25, 2001 at 13:02:39:

"Clearly, when strictly limiting your basis of comparison, to tables and a computer you'll likely end up with more allowable BT with the computer."

Agreed, enough so that a diver on tables might even skip diving for the day after two dives while I continue to dive.

"The dive industry has perputrated this insanity on diver's all to get them to buy a $400 gadget. Think about how many diver's own computers and then multiply by ~ $400.."

Megabucks, you're right. But, the end does justify the means to me. How much is BT worth to you? Reasonably safe BT without the hassle of worrying if the limits are exceeded by an on the fly miscalculation. Nothing at all wrong with doing it your way if that's what floats your boat, I'd rather just relax and enjoy the dive.

"My question to you , and answer yourself honestly, is do you believe that if you did a profile in the manner that I have suggested, ie; proper gases, deep stops and calcultaing on the fly, that if your computer said you were at your NDL and I told you that you could still stay down that your computer would be right????"

I don't dive the gases you do so I'll guess and say no.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]