Farnsworth on Sat Sep 1

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Lacaillade on September 04, 2001 at 20:31:32:

In Reply to: Doubles and reels for Farnsworth? posted by Jason on September 04, 2001 at 13:22:17:

I was at Farnsworth this past Saturday on the Pacific Star, the new (or re-newed) dive boat out of King's Harbor. It was a superb day: calm, no swell, we did two dives on Farnsworth. The viz was excellent, just a bit of surge on the top of the pinnacle. I think this is a wonderful site to dive if you know your limits. My buddy and I stayed above 75 ft (single tanks)and saw the sights we wanted to, took pictures, had a great time. I might mention the Pacific Star is very nice - there were only 14 divers this trip, it has a really roomy back area where your equipment is, and the food and the crew are excellent.
There was one thing tht bothered me a bit - there was a dive class (Open water, not Advanced Open Water), that did the final 2 dives of the class there. For ultra conservative me, that seemes a bit risky - I guess they stayed on top of the pinnacle at 55 ft, but I don't think that's the best place for dive training. There weren't any problems, and I didn't observe any of the class activities underwater so maybe I'm out of place commenting, but it does seem like more risk than is necessary.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]