I think it is really an attempt to fill a real void.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 14, 2001 at 09:46:17:

In Reply to: Re: GLnSD's Misinformation Program and his need for Some Pepto posted by GLnSD on September 14, 2001 at 09:28:15:

And I hope it is successful and profitable. People take risks and invest their resources when they see a need. Some make it and some fail. In SCUBA, there are several agencies for certification. PADI found a niche and has been very successful in teaching diving to the masses with standardization previously unheard of. Other agencies catering to the masses have been washed aside for the most part.

Now comes GUE. It is also seeking a niche. Its approach seems to be in serving the "advanced" diver who desires more than poking around and grabbing the occasional seafood dinner. If they are right, there is a substantial group of divers who will desire this more rigorous training. As I said before, I hope they succeed.

We love a sport where diversity is part of the game. Diverse locations, diverse participants, diverse underwater activities. Each type of diver deserves the ability to seek out additional training and experiences specific to his/her tastes.

To accuse a company or agency of being bad because they market is just plain silly.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]