Re: Just because YOU wish to pry..

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by retrodiver on September 15, 2001 at 13:27:13:

In Reply to: Just because YOU wish to pry.. posted by JohnB on September 15, 2001 at 12:08:08:

You're right. My name was on some nasty posts and believe me when I say that I have learned my lesson. I regreted that post as soon as I sent it and asked Chris to remove it, so you wouldn't all have to be subject to my self-embarrassment. I hope it's gone, and I will no longer try to justify my reasons for writing. That is the end of that, and this is the last time I will address this issue.

I'm choosing to take the high road now and hoping not to unneccessarily offend anyone else, and loose even more respect of my fellow divers. I will probably run into some of you guys out there someday, and I want you to know that some of the hateful retoric I have written in the past is not really who I am. I would never talk to any of you in that way if we were standing face to face.

When I was posting anonamously it was too easy to flame people. Post here long enough, however, and you eventually give yourself away. Especially if you want to be a part of the community and earn any respect.

This board is actually a small little neighborhood, and not so much a mass of faceless screen names as I mistakenly believed when I first got here. I was not being a good neighbor. Several things that have happened over the last few weeks have brought me around to this conclusion.

Well, it was another of those hard lessons, and I will carry it with me beyond this BBS.

I disagree with you, though, JeffB. I now know there is a lot in a name. It has a lot to do with integrity, and self-respect.

Doug

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]