I flew from LAX on Sunday night and was surprised...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 25, 2001 at 20:06:41:

In Reply to: Re: My very recent air travel experience, with packed dive gear posted by Bob F on September 25, 2001 at 12:21:46:

I got there 2 hours early for an Air Canada flight. I parked at Ampco Parking as usual. No change there. I was dropped at terminal 2 and had 1 person in front of me in line for check in. Usual questions about who packed my stuff. Then they asked me if I had tweezers, nail clippers, etc in my carry on -- with the suggestion that I should pack them in my checked stuff before I got to security. At security, I had 5 people infront of me. I passed through the metal detector (no bells went off) and waited for my brief case in the x-ray machine. In it I had my cell phone, its charger, a laptop computer and its charger. They did not look at it and I simply picked it up and walked on.

THIS IS LESS THAN NORMAL. I am used to having to either turn on the computer or have a bomb sniffer used. I travel more than most people with > 150,000 air miles per year. The security at LAX was lax! I am planning to inform officials as soon as I return to LA this weekend.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]