ok i'll bite

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on September 25, 2001 at 21:52:47:

In Reply to: Re: yeah, as much as i despise bureaucracy... posted by DougD on September 25, 2001 at 14:58:27:

I have had to open my checked baggage several times before getting on such carriers as Singapre Air, Garuda Indonesia, SilkAir, DAS, and others. I have had to open my baggage (to be checked) at both LAX and Singapore and Miami and Quito. Perhaps it's that big SS backplate that sets off alarms or perhaps all those batteries for the cameras that resemble some sort of suspicious-looking device.

As far as carrying stuff on board, well, it's a matter of keeping my hard-earned toys from ending up in a pawnshop far far away. I choose to carry my expensive Nikons, lenses and housing on board. Its mainly due to the fact that i'd rather not risk ten grand worth of cameras and glass to theivery, which is rampant in places such as Miami (where a Pelican case or bag with a dive flag logo just screams "expensive camera and regs inside- steal me". It all fits nicely in the overhead compartment.

I do not weigh 200+ lbs, nor am i over 6 feet. as long as i get a good work out the day before, i have plenty of patience. come to think of it, only once at LAX have i seen a big, impatient 200+ lb 6 ft+ guy run to the head of the line with a big carryon. Most folks seem perfectly civil to me, on both sides of the Atlantic and Pacific, and Northern and Southern hemispheres.

and oh yes, Chivalry seems to be every bit as dead as chastity and fair play...i am finding it darn near impossible to get a girlfriend who owns a boat, pays her own airfare and will carry my tanks for me. sigh!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]