Re: Answers to MHK's informal poll......

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 10, 2001 at 13:37:31:

In Reply to: Re: Answers to MHK's informal poll...... posted by catfish on October 10, 2001 at 12:48:47:

Andrew G, GUE Training Director, attempted to set up a trip last year on one of the liveaboards [ I think Peter Hughes, but I'm not sure] and looked into the idea of getting Helium on board. He recieved a letter back from the company [ I apologize if it wasn't Peter Hughes] which stated in pertinent part that they had consulted their *technical diving expert consultant* and was advised that if a diver couldn't do 165' without Helium then they shouldn't be diving these wrecks anyway.. Respectfully Brett Gilliam, President of TDI...

Andrew copied the letter to the tech list and quest and it got a lot of play when it was posted so I'm surprised to hear that Helium is available, even though I hope you are correct because that has been the only thing holding me back...

BTW, are they still requiring the use of that ridiculously stupid 80% deco gas????

Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]