Re: EZ to do it yourself...

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 15, 2001 at 10:49:29:

In Reply to: EZ to do it yourself... posted by Bob3 on October 14, 2001 at 13:19:25:

I dive a 7' hose exclusively, and have done show in a wide variety of environments [ ie; cave, wreck, kelp etc.] and I've yet to experience this * entanglement hazard* that you ellude to. I would aslo think that you are at a greater risk of entanglement when inside a wreck or a cave, but yet standard wreck or cave protocols mandate the use of a 7' hose so would you please explain your position???

Furthermore, as to a 7' hose and bug hunting, I think you are way off the mark.. It's a safe bet that Chris and I agree on little when it comes to diving, but even Chris will acknowledge the benefits of a 7' hose when bug hunting, as will many other bug hunter's.. Someone on the boat last week actually went so far as to suggest that bug hunter's have been using a 7' hose for so many years that the caver's and the wrecker's actually stole the idea from the bug hunter's..

And lastly, have you ever seen anyone with a *properly* routed house have it coiled around their neck??? Please show up at our next DIR demo because I think you have the concept all wrong because we have NOTHING coiled around our necks...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]